Garnet & Jewel: Catch & Ripe

Image by rawpixel from Pixabay

"Are you ready yet, Garnet?"

"Almost Jewel. I need another minute. Besides, we have time." 

"I know we do, but I was hoping we could arrive a bit early." 


What Jewel didn't know was that Garnet was stalling so that Nate had time to put the extra special touches on at Bella's. Secrets were so hard to keep sometimes.


"There, I'm ready. Garnet said as she walked downstairs to meet Jewel. I couldn't get the clasp on my necklace. But it is set now. How about you, Jewel? Are you ready for this?" 

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I wish these nerves would subside a bit, however."

"It will be okay, Jewel. Tonight is your night. I'm so excited for you and proud of you. You made this happen with your passion and your drive. I know that this is the beginning of something special for you." 

"It is my night. Thank you for your love and friendship, Garnet. I can't believe it is finally here! Well, shall we get going? A grand celebration awaits!" 

Finally, Jewel's nerves were easing up a bit, and excitement was settling in.

"Let's go!" Garnet said, opening the door and leading the way. "You've got this, Jewel. You always have." 

"Thanks, Garnet." 


The party at Bella's was in the works for weeks. Every last detail covered. Still, Jewel was ripe with anticipation for the unveiling. She had worked hard this past year and was thankful for Bella's idea to use her Bistro as a gallery to display her work. It was the perfect setting.


Jewel often wondered if she would catch a break, and now it felt like everything was coming together. Garnet and Nate were her biggest champions and supporters, and she couldn't have gotten through it without them. The best part was that Jewel had no idea what Nate and Garnet had been planning for Jewel. 

I can't wait, Garnet thought as she and Jewel rode in the car to Bella's.  She has no idea what Nate and I have planned. Jewel is going to be so happy - and so surprised!

Comments

Popular Posts