Garnet & Jewel: Treasure

Image by rawpixel from Pixabay

Mitch and Gemma entrusted me with their place in light of their current situation, and I was happy to help them. I always loved their home. It had been in their family for years and, although there’s never been a full reveal of its history - I didn’t care. The Batterton’s always made our family feel welcome, and I have to admit, something drew me to this place.


So when they asked me to help out because they needed to be out of the country unexpectedly, I couldn’t say no. Usually, Gemma’s nephew would step in and help out, but he had been away for some time.


I knew that Jewel would probably be here by noon. So, I headed out early to stop by my place and pick up a few things, including a gift that I had for Jewel. Then, if the weather and time permitted, I was hoping to go for a run before heading back to Mitch and Gemma’s. I wanted to be there before Jewel arrived, and I planned to leave her treasure in the foyer so she would see it when she got there. 


But when I arrived back at Mitch and Gemma’s, I noticed something flickering inside and got distracted. The rain was looming so I left everything in the car and quickly went to the side door. I anxiously put my key in the lock and went inside. Shit! I said, slightly panicked as the light wouldn’t turn on. I knew the power wasn’t out because I could see the brightness of the clock on the stove. I could also see the muddy treads that I knew weren’t mine. What the--

Comments

Popular Posts