Garnet & Jewel: Enchanted



Image by rawpixel from Pixabay 

I could hear the wind whistling outside. It wasn't daybreak yet, but I was wide awake. Nevertheless, I lingered for a few minutes before getting up. I still had the window open a crack - even at this time of year - because I loved the crisp air. It lulled me to sleep at night and welcomed me in the morning. 

This morning, however, I closed my eyes again. Just a few more minutes, I thought as I pulled the covers up around my neck. As I settled back in, I listened to the melody that the wind was playing outside. It was calming, and I could feel myself drifting.

"What's on your mind, Jewel?"

"I was thinking," Jewel said with a big sigh.

"About what?" I asked inquisitively.

"That night when we went to the Festival of Lights."

"We went to a lot of them, Jewel," I said, laughing.

"I know, Garnet. I was thinking about the first one, though. I don't know why. Maybe it's because we are out here on a cold late Autumn night sitting under the stars like we used to do. The way the stars are sparkling tonight reminded me how beautifully the lights woke up the winter night. It didn't matter that it was so cold or that it had snowed. The fresh snow glistened and made the lights look like they were dancing. Everything seemed so perfect." 

"I remember it well, Jewel. It was perfect, just like."

"The moon that night," Jewel quickly interjected. It was so bright and so full, with a slight cast of clouds around it. And the stars danced around it in celebration. Brilliant and full of life."

"Just like tonight. Do you know what I remember most, though, Jewel?" 

"Let me guess. The hot chocolate spiked with Amaretto that we brought with us."

"Good guess, Jewel. But no. I'm surprised you don't remember. Maybe you had too many sips by then. No, what I remember the most, my dear friend, is how enchanted we both were by the full moon that night. It wasn't like we had never experienced a full moon before, but there was something special about that one. It seemed to cast a spell over us with its brilliance. And things started to change after that. Don't you remember?"

"Jewel?"

But there was no Jewel. I woke with a coldness surrounding me and a chill that ran down my spine. It seemed so real. I said out loud, trying to make sense of what had just happened. 

Comments

Vilhelm man said…
Hello!
Nice blog!
Come And Get Free Beautiful Animated Gifs For Your Blog.

Popular Posts