Garnet & Jewel: Wild



“So, tell me, girls, why have you come to see Madame Vadoma?”

Jewel, uncertain of how to answer kicked Garnet under the table - so much as to say, “You go first.”

Taking the cue, Garnet spoke up.

“We want our fortunes told Madame Vadoma. And you are a fortune-teller, aren’t you?” 

The innocence and insistence in Garnet’s voice commanded attention, especially Madame Vadoma’s.

“Why, yes, Garnet. I am. I sense that you know things. Have you been to a fortune-teller before?”

“No, I haven’t, and my mom told me I have a special intuition.”

“I see,” said Madame Vadoma. “So do I.”

“That’s why we are here,” Jewel said emphatically - and nervously.

Madame Vadoma sat quietly for what seemed like an eternity while Jewel and I waited with wild anticipation. I’m pretty sure both our hearts were racing as we waited for Madame Vodoma to begin. What would she tell us?

Comments

Popular Posts