Garnet & Jewel: Ornament



I couldn’t wait to wrap the gift that I bought for Jewel. We agreed to exchange small gifts this year and keep things meaningful. So much of the holiday seemed to get lost, and we both decided to do our part to add more meaning to it. Besides, we were both on tight budgets, and the thought meant more than anything. 

As soon as I got home, I immediately dug out my wrapping paper and accessories. I wasn’t the best at wrapping things and preferred gift bags. But this time it was different. I placed the box inside another box - more for protection than anything. Then, I picked out the emerald-colored foil wrapping paper. It was Jewel’s favorite color, and this gift was special.

After carefully wrapping the box, I picked out just the right ribbon to adorn it - the wide silver one with specks of glitter running through it. I carefully wound it around the paper and tied a big bow on top, curling the edges to make it look fancier. 

There. I did it. I said as I admired my wrapping job. Not bad, Garnet.

I wrote Jewel’s name on a small white tag and attached it to the bow with some emerald-colored string. I knew that Jewel would love what waited inside the box for her. I got it a local artisan shop that we both adored. It was as if the ornament was there waiting for me to buy. It stood out among the others, and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it. So, I snatched it up, knowing how much it will mean to Jewel. 

Comments

Popular Posts