Garnet & Jewel: Overgrown

Image by rawpixel from Pixabay

The sun was shining brightly, and the sky was almost perfect as it stood out among the barren trees. From my window seat, I nestled in and listened to the sounds among the silence. I heard the occasional car pass by and could hear dogs barking off in the distance. Someone must be hiking the trails; I thought as I watched the blue jay land on the tree limb outside the window. 


It felt like time was standing still, but I knew better. With each passing day, I wondered about Jewel. Somedays that night seems like yesterday and other days it seems so long ago. Space is a funny thing. It can fill you with emptiness, or it can set you free. I suppose both apply for Jewel and me. I wish that I had recognized the signs sooner. Maybe I could have done something. 


No, not today, Garnet. I tell myself. You are not going to go down that road. 


However, I couldn't help but think about my promise to Nate. I hadn't seen him since that night. He's a good man, and he loved Jewel to the moon and back. I know Jewel loved him. Honestly, I'm not sure if she will ever stop. Their bond was intense, but I understand a bit more now why Jewel did what she did. 


There were tears in his eyes when we last spoke. I still remember him walking down the stone stairs after leaving me with Jewel's ring. His head was down, and he walked solemnly towards the woods. I watched as he made his way through the overgrown brush until I couldn't see him anymore.


I stood there, silent with tears streaming down my face — the only comfort coming from the moonlight reminding me that perhaps despite all this, there was hope. There had to be hope. 

Comments

Vilhelm man said…
Hello!
Nice blog!
Come And Get Free Beautiful Animated Gifs For Your Blog.

Popular Posts